Murder found out, and cruelty rewarded [electronic resource] : Being a true and faithful narrative, containing the history of Richard Sutton and sally miles, near Dartmouth, in Devonshire. Contents. I. An accont of their families, with the animosity which subsisted between them. II. Their parents disapprove of their children's love, but they meet by stealth. III. Richard leaves his father, runs away and robs him; sends a letter to sally, who goes to him. IV. Sally is with child, and Richard leaves her and is gone for several months. V. He gets into bad company, and acquainted with another young woman. VI. Returns with an intent to murder sally, finds her brought to bed. VII. She goes with him, and in a wood he takes away the child under pretence of carrying it to nurse, and murders it. VIII. Sally continues in the wood in great terror for several days. IX. A dog brings a child's head into the town, and by his means the remains of the child are found. X. Sally is taken, who declares this, and all the knows concerning the murder. XI. She is committed to take her trial, and search is made after sutton. XII. He is detected by the same dog, brought before a magistrate and committed. XIII. Tried, cast and sentenced. His behaviour. XIV. His execution. The horror of his mind. His body delivered to the surgeons. XV. Sally is received by her brother and sister, conclusion
- London : Printed by T. Sabine, No. 81, Shoe-Lane, [between 1785? and 1804?]
- Physical Description:
- 32 pages, 1 unnumbered leaf of plates : 1 illustration ; 4⁰
- Related Titles:
- Memoirs of William and Matilda
- "Memoirs of William and Matilda. An affecting tale." (p. -32)
Publisher's dates derived from Maxted
Price in square brackets: (Price Four Pence.)
Reproduction of original from Bodleian Library (Oxford).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T300800.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6182349