The works of the Rev. John Witherspoon, D.D. L.L.D. late president of the college, at Princeton New-Jersey [electronic resource] : To which is prefixed an account of the author's life, in a sermon occasioned by his death, by the Rev. Dr. John Rodgers, of New York. In three volumes. ...
- Witherspoon, John, 1723-1794
- Philadelphia : Printed and published by William W. Woodward, no. 17, Chesnut near Front Street, 1800. (Copy right secured)
- Physical Description:
- 3 volumes ; 8⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- Rodgers, John, 1727-1811, Rodgers, John, 1727-1811, and Woodward, William Wallis
- A fourth volume (Shaw & Shoemaker 1672) was published in 1801., Parentheses substituted for square brackets enclosing "Copy right secured." - Vol. 1: 36, , 37-604 p.; v. 2: 632 p.; v. 3: , 9-611,  p., Errors in paging: v. 2, p. 559 misnumbered 359; v. 3, p. 540 misnumbered 240., Bristol's entry for a [1778?] edition of Witherspoon's "Recantation of Benjamin Towne" (Bristol B4838, Shipton & Mooney 43595) is based on a a copy of that piece detached from v. 3 of Witherspoon's Works., "Subscribers' names."--v. 3, p. [613-621]., "The following valuable books are for sale by William W. Woodward"--v. 3, p. ., Reproduction of original from Library of Congress., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, W2749.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 39128, Bristol, R.P. Supplement to Charles Evans' American bibliography, B4838, and Shipton, C.K. National index of American imprints through 1800, 43595
View MARC record | catkey: 6182977