Remarks on Zenger's tryal [electronic resource] : taken out of the Barbados Gazette's; for the benefit of the sutdents in law, and others in North-America
- Blenman, Jonathan
- [New York] : Barbados, printed: New-York, re-printed by H. Gaine, bookseller and stationer, at the Bible and Crown, in Hanover-Square, 1770.
- Physical Description:
- 60 pages ; ?⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- Gaine, Hugh, 1726 or 1727-1807
- A criticism of the doctrine of libels presented by Andrew Hamilton in his argument for the defence. Part I consists of a series of five letters to the editor of the Barbados Gazette, the first and fifth dated June 24 and July 20, 1737, and signed: Anglo Americanus. Part II consists of one long letter to the editor, signed: July 29, 1737. Indus Britannicus.
Attributed to Jonathan Blenman by Evans. The Library of Congress copy is inscribed "By Jonathan Blenman Esqr. King's attorney in Barbados," and is annotated throughout in the same hand.
Reproduction of original from Library of Congress.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, W2759.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 11573
View MARC record | catkey: 6182981