An overture presented to the reverend synod of dissenting ministers, sitting in Philadelphia, in the month of September, 1728 [electronic resource] : And is now under the consideration of the several members of the said synod, in order to come to a determination concerning it at next meeting. Together with a preface, or an epistle containing some further reasons to strengthen the overture, and an answer to some objections against it. By a member of the said synod. [Five lines from Jude].
- Attributed to John Thomson by Evans. The Boston Public Library copy is signed in manuscript: John Thomson. Va. & N.C.
Ascribed to the press of Benjamin Franklin and Hugh Meredith by Evans, but this is refuted by Miller, who states that the work "is printed in the fonts used by Samuel Keimer during his stay in Philadelphia." -.
Reproduction of original from Boston Public Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, W5238.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 3223
Hildeburn, C.R. Pennsylvania, 382
Miller, C.W. Franklin, B1
View MARC record | catkey: 6183655