Father Abraham's almanack, for the year of our Lord 1781 [electronic resource] : ... Fitted to the latitude of forty degrees, and a meridian of near five hours west from London. By Abraham Weatherwise, gent
- All the almanacs published in Pennsylvania for 1781 except the American almanac contain the same calculations and have most of the same astronomical notes on the calendar pages, and are clearly the work of the same author. In some the calculations for the sun are adjusted slightly for spring and autumn. The only one of these almanacs naming a real person as its author is Der Gantz neue verbesserte nord-americanische Calender (Lancaster), by David Rittenhouse. It differs from the others only in having fewer notes and columns of calculations, as is usual with German-American almanacs.
Advertised in the Pennsylvania packet, Philadelphia, Nov. 4, 1780.
The Anatomy is the only illustration.
Reproduction of original from British Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, W10032.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 16976
Drake, M. Almanacs, 10108
Hildeburn, C.R. Pennsylvania, 4066
View MARC record | catkey: 6184189