An American selection of lessons in reading and speaking [electronic resource] : Calculated to improve the minds and refine the taste of youth. And also to instruct them in the geography, history, and politics of the United States. To which are prefixed, rules in elocution, and directions for expressing the principal passions of the mind. Being the third part of A grammatical institute of the English language. To which is added, an appendix, containing several new dialogues. By Noah Webster, Jun. Esquire, author of "Dissertations on the English language," "Collection of essays and fugitive writings," &c.
- Webster, Noah, 1758-1843
- Uniform Title:
- Grammatical institute of the English language. Part 3
- Printed at Boston : By Isaiah Thomas and Ebenezer T. Andrews, at Faust's Statue, no. 45, Newbury Street. Sold, wholesale and retail, at their bookstore; by said Thomas, in Worcester; by Thomas, Andrews & Penniman, in Albany; and by Thomas, Andrews & Butler, in Baltimore, --1797.
- Thomas and Adrews' eleventh edition. With many corrections and improvements, by the author. [Two lines from Mirabeau].
- Physical Description:
- vi, 1 unnumbered page, 8-240 pages : 1 portrait ; 12⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas, Isaiah, 1749-1831, Andrews, Ebenezer Turrell, 1766-1851, Penniman, Obadiah, 1776-1820, and Butler, Samuel, 1765-1827
- First published under title: A grammatical institute of the English language .. part III., Errors in paging: p. 127, 156 misnumbered 227, 256., Reproduction of original from Library of Congress., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, W11595.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 33178 and Skeel, E.E.F. Webster, 482
View MARC record | catkey: 6184318