The History of France, from the earliest times, till the death of Louis Sixteenth [electronic resource] : From the French of Velly, Villaret, Garnier, Mezeray, Daniel, and other eminent historians; with notes, critical and explanatory; by John Gifford, Esq. And continued from the above period, until the conclusion of the present war, by a citizen of the United States. ...
- Philadelphia : Printed for A. & J.G. Henderson, by Bioren & Madan, 1796[-1798]
- Physical Description:
- 4 volumes : illustrations, portraits ; 4⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- Duane, William, 1760-1835
Gifford, John, 1758-1818
Duane, William, 1760-1835
Singleton, Henry, 1766-1839
Allardice, S. (Samuel)
Seymour, Joseph H.
Rollinson, William, 1762-1842
Clarke, Thomas (Engraver)
Allen, Joel Knott, 1755-1825
Henderson, A., active 1796
Henderson, J. G.
Bioren, John, 1773-1835
Snowden, John M., 1776-1845
M'Corkle, William, 1776?-1826
Historical Society of Delaware
- Title of v. 4 varies: The history of France, from the earliest times, to the complete establishment of the Republic. .. The revolutionary part, collected from the best English and French authorities, by William Duane.
Imprint varies. Vol. 2: Philadelphia: Printed for James Stewart & Co. By Snowden & M'Corkle. 1797. Vol. 3-4: Philadelphia: Printed by Stewart & Rowson, no. 9, Cherry-Street. 1797-1798.
Illustrations by H. Singleton; engraved by John Galland, Samuel Allardice, Joseph Bowes, Joseph S. Seymour, William Rollinson, James Smither, Thomas Clarke, and Joel Allen.
Vol. 1: vi, , 8-752,  p.,  leaves of plates; v. 2: 567,  p.,  leaves of plates; v. 3: 546, 557-568,  p.,  leaves of plates; v. 4: , 553,  p.,  leaves of plates (1 folded).
Reproduction of original from Library of Congress.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, W12708.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 30489
Evans, C. American bibliography, 32189
Evans, C. American bibliography, 32190
Evans, C. American bibliography, 33796
View MARC record | catkey: 6184669