A narrative of some sufferings, for his Christian peaceable testimony [electronic resource] : by John Smith, late of Chester County, deceased. To which is annexed, An account of the sufferings of Richard Seller, of Keinsey, Great Britain
- Smith, John, 1681-1766
- Philadelphia : Printed by Benjamin & Jacob Johnson, no. 147, High-Street, 1800.
- Physical Description:
- 48 pages ; 8⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- Johnson, Benjamin, -1822, Johnson, Jacob, 1771?-1819, and Seller, Richard
- "The following narrative was taken from a manuscript left by our friend John Smith, which appears to have been written in the early part of his life .."--p. .
"An account of the sufferings of Richard Seller, of Keinsey, a fisherman, who was pressed in Scarborough-Piers, in the time of the two last engagements between the Dutch and English, in the year 1665."--p. -48, with separate title page. "Abstracted from 'A collection of the sufferings of the people called Quakers.' .. compiled by Joseph Besse .." -.
Reproduction of original from Library of Congress.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, W13702.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 38519
View MARC record | catkey: 6185050