Hutchins improved: being an almanack and ephemeris ... for the year of our Lord 1798 ... [electronic resource] : By John Nathan Hutchins, philom
- New-York : Printed and sold by H. Gaine, at his printing-office, at the Bible, in Pearl-Street. Where may be had, the New-York pocket almanack, 
- Physical Description:
- 36 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 17 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Beers, Andrew, 1749-1824
Hutchins, John Nathan
Hutchins, John Nathan, 1700 or 1701-1782
Beers, Andrew, 1749-1824
Gaine, Hugh, 1726 or 1727-1807
- Hutchins died in 1782, and the calculator of the present almanac is Andrew Beers. The eclipse predictions (slightly shortened), the astronomical and horological notes on the calendar pages (with a few omissions), and the calculations for the rising and setting of the moon, ar identical with those in his Beers's almanac for 1798, published at Hartford. The other calculations vary to a degree reflecting the difference in meridian between Hartford and New York. An advertisement for Beers's surveying business appears on p. .
The Anatomy is the only illustration.
Reproduction of original from Boston Public Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, W22651.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 32297
Drake, M. Almanacs, 6072
View MARC record | catkey: 6186690