The group: or An elegant representation illustrated [electronic resource] : Embellished with a beautiful head of S. Verges, C.S.
- Cliffton, William, 1772-1799
- Philadelphia : Printed for Thomas Stephens, by Lang and Ustick, M.DCC.XCVI. 
- Physical Description:
- 35 pages, 1 unnumbered page, 1 unnumbered leaf of plates : 1 portrait ; 4⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- Stephens, Thomas, Lang, John, 1769?-1836, and Ustick, Stephen Clegg, 1773-1837
- A satire on the Board of Commissioners of the District of Southwark, and in support of Jay's treaty.
Attributed to Cliffton by Evans.
Frontispiece portrait of Solon Verges, a character in the satire.
"Key-plate to the group."--p. . the Library of Congress and New York Public Library copies include manuscript clefs of the characters.
Reproduction of original from Bodleian Library (Oxford).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, W23153.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 30202
Wegelin, O. Amer. poetry, 75
View MARC record | catkey: 6186795