A treatise on the police of London [electronic resource] : containing a detail of the various crimes and misdemeanors by which public and private property and security are, at present, injured and endangered: and suggesting remedies for their prevention. By a magistrate acting for the counties of Middlesex, Surry, Kent, and Essex. --For the City and Liberty of Westminster --and for the Liberty of the Tower of London. [Five lines of Latin quotation].
- Colquhoun, Patrick, 1745-1820
- Uniform Title:
- Treatise on the police of the metropolis
- Philadelphia : Printed for Benjamin Davies, no. 68, High-Street. By Henry Sweitzer, no. 85, Race-Street, MDCCXCVIII. 
- The first American edition.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 6 unnumbered pages, 342, xxiv 2 unnumbered pages, 1 unnumbered pagefolded leaf ; 8⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- Davies, Benjamin and Sweitzer, Henry, 1771-1807
- Attributed to Patrick Colquhoun in the Dictionary of national biography.
With a half-title.
Edition statement transposed; precedes "By a magistrate .." on title page.
Reproduction of original from National Library of Scotland.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 33538
English short title catalogue, W28374
View MARC record | catkey: 6187554