Valuable secrets, concerning arts and trades. Or, Approved directions from the best artists [electronic resource] : for the various methods of engraving on brass, copper, or steel. Of the composition of metals and varnishes. Of mastichs and cements, sealing-wax, &c. Of colours and painting, for carriage-painters. Of painting on paper. Of compositions from limners. Of transparent colours. How to dye skins or gloves. To colour or varnish copper-plate prints. Of painting on glass. Of colours of all sorts for oil, water, and crayons. Of the art of gilding. Of the art of dying woods, bones, &c. Of the art of moulding. Of the art of making wines. Of the various compostions of vinegars. Of liquors and essential oils. Of the confectionary art. Of taking out all sorts of spots and stains. With an appendix, containing valuable selections, in addition to, and never before published in this work. [One line in Latin from Virgil].
- Boston : From J. Bumstead's printing-office, Union-Street, 1798.
- Third American edition.
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, 1 unnumbered page, 26-264 pages ; 12⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- Bumstead, Joseph, 1768?-1838
- Reproduction of original from Library of Congress.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, W28501.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 34913
Rink, E. Technical Americana, 157
Lowenstein, E. Amer. cookery (3rd ed.), 27
View MARC record | catkey: 6187607