A vindication of the practice of the antient Christian, as well as the Church of England, and other reformed churches, in the observation of Christmas-Day [electronic resource] : in answer to the uncharitable reflections of Thomas de Laune, Mr. Whiston, and Mr. John Barnard of Marblehead: in a sermon preach'd on the 4th. of Janaury, 1729--30. By George Pigot, W.D.M. at Marblehead. Published at the desire of the church-wardens & vestry. [Two lines of Greek quotation].
- Pigot, George
- Boston : printed by T. Fleet, at the Heart and Crown in Cornhill, and sold by Gillam Phillips, at the Three Bibles and Crown in King-Street, 1731.
- Physical Description:
- 25, 1 unnumbered page, 41, 1 unnumbered page ; 8⁰.
- Additional Creators:
- Fleet, Thomas, 1685-1758 and Phillips, Gillam, 1695-1770
- Related Titles:
- Jewish oeconomy, a foundation for the Christian
- Half-title: Mr. Pigot's sermon, upon January 4th. 1729--30. With a preface.
Caption title: The Jewish oeconomy, a foundation for the Christian.
Errata statements printed on p. 41 and mounted on p. .
Reproduction of original from Boston Public Library.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, W28587.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Evans, C. American bibliography, 3466
View MARC record | catkey: 6187646