Doctor Zhivago [videorecording] / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer presents a Carlo Ponti production, David Lean's film ; produced by Carlo Ponti ; screenplay by Robert Bolt ; directed by David Lean
- Additional Titles:
- Boris Pasternak's Doctor Zhivago
- Burbank, CA : Distributed by Warner Home Video, 
- Anniversary ed.
- Physical Description:
- 2 videodiscs (200 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Ponti, Carlo, 1912-2007, Bolt, Robert, Lean, David, 1908-1991, Chaplin, Geraldine, 1944-, Christie, Julie, 1941-, Courtenay, Tom, Guinness, Alec, 1914-2000, McKenna, Siobhán, 1923-1986, Richardson, Ralph, Sir, 1902-1983, Sharif, Omar, 1932-2015, Steiger, Rod, 1925-2002, Tushingham, Rita, 1942-, Pasternak, Boris Leonidovich, 1890-1960, Jarre, Maurice, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, and Warner Home Video (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English (Dolby 5.1), dubbed French (Dolby 5.1) or dubbed Spanish (Dolby stereo.) dialogue, English, French or Spanish subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Traces the life of surgeon-poet Yury Zhivago before and during the Russian Revolution. Married to an upper-class girl who is devoted to him, yet he finds himself in love with an unfortunate woman who becomes his muse. Zhivago becomes torn between fidelity and passion. Sympathetic with the Bolshevik revolution, but shaken by the wars and purges, he struggles to retain his individualism as a humanist amid the spirit of collectivism.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for mature themes.
- Title from container.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1965.
Special features: Disc 1: Commentary by Omar Sharif, Rod Steiger and Sandra Lean; new commemorative two-part 45th-anniversary retrospective "Doctor Zhivago: a celebration." Disc 2: Hour-long "Doctor Zhivago: the making of a Russian epic" documentary; gallery of vintage featurettes, including press interviews and a Geraldine Chaplin screen test; theatrical trailer.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Music, Maurice Jarre.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Geraldine Chaplin, Julie Christie, Tom Courtenay, Alec Guinness, Siobhan McKenna, Ralph Richardson, Omar Sharif, Rod Steiger, Rita Tushingham.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, widescreen (letterbox, enhanced) presentation; Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround, Dolby Digital stereo. Surround, dual-layer.
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries)
View MARC record | catkey: 6192084