Encarnación : illness and body politics in Chicana feminist literature / Suzanne Bost
- Bost, Suzanne
- New York : Fordham University Press, 2010.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- x, 234 pages, 12 unnumbered pages of plates : color illustrations ; 23 cm
- Feeling pre-Columbian: Chicana feminists' imaginative historiography -- Pain: Gloria Anzaldúa's challenge to "women's health" -- Medicine: Cherríe Moraga's boundary violations -- Movement: Ana Castillo's shape-shifting identities -- Conclusion. Rethinking body politics: Maya González and Diane Gamboa.
- American literature—Mexican American authors—History and criticism
- American literature—Women authors—History and criticism
- Diseases in literature
- Human body in literature
- Identity (Psychology) in literature
- Mexican American women in literature
- Mexican Americans—Race identity
- Feminism in literature
- Feminism and literature—United States—History—20th century
- 9780823230846 (cloth : alk. paper)
0823230848 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780823230853 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0823230856 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6192867