Music and the southern belle : from accomplished lady to Confederate composer / Candace Bailey
- Bailey, Candace, 1963-
- Carbondale : Southern Illinois University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 255 pages : illustrations, music ; 25 cm
- Why did nineteenth-century southern women study music? -- Women's interaction with public music -- Music at home : entertainment and education -- Music education in schools -- The piano girl -- The singer -- Women's composition and publication in the antebellum period -- Becoming useful -- Confederate women composers.
- 9780809329601 (cloth : alk. paper)
0809329603 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6192934