Studying British cinema : the 1960s / by Danny Powell
- Powell, Danny
- Leighton Buzzard : Auteur, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 254 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- "Using key film texts as its starting point, Studying British Cinema: The 1960s analyses this famously revolutionary decade, and examines how the films of the day reflected the inward battle of the nation. Danny Powell examines differing representations of time and place making sense of the complexities of a changing nation, highlighting cinematic changes in style and outlook that were crucial in communicating, evaluating and constructing British identity in this famous decade, exporting a unified image to the rest of the world, and how this period continues to define Britain today."--BOOK JACKET.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 245-246) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Fayette copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2009.
View MARC record | catkey: 6193270