Alive in the killing fields : surviving the Khmer Rouge genocide / by Nawuth Keat with Martha E. Kendall
- "You're lucky" -- From student to slave -- The jungle -- Jail without walls -- Hunger -- Survival -- Crossfire -- Escaping the Khmer Rouge -- In the city -- Walking -- Waiting -- Flight to freedom.
- The gripping story of a young boy who survived the atrocities in Cambodia under the Khmer Rouge and escaped to the United States.
- Keat, Nawuth, 1964-—Juvenile literature
- Keat, Nawuth, 1964-
- Political refugees—Cambodia—Biography—Juvenile literature
- Political refugees—United States—Biography—Juvenile literature
- Political atrocities—Cambodia—Juvenile literature
- Political refugees—Cambodia
- Political refugees—United States
- Political atrocities—Cambodia
- Cambodia—Politics and government—1975-1979—Juvenile literature
- Cambodia—Politics and government—1975-1979
- 9781426305160 (reinforced)
9781426305153 (alk. paper)
142630515X (alk. paper)
- Audience Notes:
- Lexile: 750.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- A Junior Library Guild selection
View MARC record | catkey: 6197490