Democratizing Judaism / Jack J. Cohen
- Cohen, Jack, 1919-2012
- Brighton, MA : Academic Studies Press, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 301 pages ; 25 cm.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Reference library of Jewish intellectual history
- Mordecai M. Kaplan reexamined -- Theorist and activist -- The rational mystic -- Toward a theology of experience -- Religious education for democracy -- On the theology of election -- Other critics -- Naturalism and supernaturalism -- Ethical values in the thought of Bertrand Russell and Mordecai M. Kaplan -- Reconstructionism reexamined and applied -- Reconstructionism revisited -- A state with a Jewish majority -- The concept of a Jewish state -- What is a Zionist state? -- The Western Wall -- A theology of ethics -- Is this the meaning of my life? -- A rational approach to the idea of God -- When a judge steps off the bench.
- 9781936235162 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Mervin A. Snyder Memorial Libraries Endowment for Jewish Studies; 2010.
View MARC record | catkey: 6197645