Heroes of the dark continent and How Stanley found Emin Pasha : complete history of all the great explorations and discoveries in Africa, from the earliest ages to the present time, including a full, authentic and thrilling account of Stanley's famous relief of Emin Pasha, replete with astounding incidents, wonderful adventures, mysterious providences, grand achievements, and glorious deeds, as represented in the devoted lives and splendid careers of such brillant characters as Henry M. Stanley, Emin Pasha, Gen. (Chinese) Gordon, and all the other great travellers, hunters and explorers, who, for more than one thousand years, have made Africa a land of wonders by their heroism and unparalled daring : covering the whole history of African exploration and discovery : enlivened with stories of marvellous hunts and wonderful adventures among wild animals, ferocious reptiles, and curious and savage races of people who inhabit the Dark Continent / by J.W. Buel ...
- Buel, James W. (James William), 1849-1920
- Newark, Ohio : S. Allison, 1890.
- Physical Description:
- 576 pages, 4 unnumbered leaves of plates : illustrations (some color), folded map ; 27 cm
- Charles L. Blockson Collection of African Americana and the African Diaspora.
- "Illustrated with 500 of the grandest, most beautiful and wonderful engravings and magnificent colored plates."
View MARC record | catkey: 6197980