Gender equality, citizenship and human rights : controversies and challenges in China and the Nordic countries / edited by Pauline Stoltz [and others].
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 196 pages ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Stoltz, Pauline
- Routledge research in comparative politics ; 32
- Rights and responsibilities in a gendered world : equality in/between China and the Nordic countries / Pauline Stoltz and Marina Svensson -- 1. 'It is the people who serve the government' : interview with Ai Xiaoming / Cecilia Milwertz -- 2. 'Today all the discussions and all the conflicts are about intersectionality' : interview with Tiina Rosenberg / Pauline Stoltz and Marina Svensson -- 3. Advancing women's international human rights in China / Sharon K. Hom -- 4. Gender, diversity and transnational citizenship / Birte Siim -- 5. Speaking out and space-making : the emergence of gay identities and communities in China / Zhongxin Sun -- 6. Privileged irresponsibility, structural responsibility and moral contradictions among employers in the EU domestic work sector / Anna Gavanas -- 7. The safety and health of female migrant workers in China / Shen Tan -- 8. Globalisation, diaspora politics and gender : Muslims in Sweden / Catarina Kinnvall -- 9. Gender equality and human rights : the significance of ICCPR in China / Huawen Liu -- 10. National implementation of human rights : a threat to 'representative democracy'? / Hege Skjeie.
- 9780415561761 (hbk), 0415561760 (hbk), 9780203854457 (ebk), and 0203854454 (ebk)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6269622