Voice, power, technology [electronic resource] : joining the Technology Literacy Club via a journey from the projects to a Ph.D. / by Larry T. Ferguson
- Ferguson, Larry T.
- [University Park, Pa.] : Pennsylvania State University, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document (181 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Myers, Jamie
- My autobiography is a critical reflective journey from my discourse of home into the Technology Literacy Club. Through the Technology Literacy Club, I overcame my early life exclusions from the print literacy club. Ultimately, through these technology skills, I was able to join print literacy clubs and gain access to the discourses that enable social and economic mobility in our culture. My argument is that technology is the new literacy club replacing the all important primary role of print literacy skills, and students must first join the Technology Literacy Club to access the discourses of power in today’s world.
- Dissertation Note:
- Ph.D. Pennsylvania State University 2008.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web. and Thesis advisor: Jamie Myers.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm (positive). 1 reel ; 35 mm. (University Microfilms 34-14324)
- Technical Details:
- The full text of the dissertation is available as a Adobe Acrobat .pdf file ; Adobe Acrobat Reader required to view the file.
View MARC record | catkey: 6270460