European green cars initiative : towards an electric future? / European Commission, Directorate-General for Research
- Luxembourg : Publications Office of the European Union, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 43 pages : color illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- European Commission. Directorate General for Research
- Research policy
- The context -- The European green cars initiative -- Road and urban transport electrification -- Other areas of the green cars initiative -- Conclusions.
- In a response to the severity of the current economic crisis, the European Commission has adopted a European Economy Recovery Plan to stimulate economic activity and employment. In this brochure you will find information on the European Green Cars Initiative, one of the measures of this plan, which supports the industries involved in the road transport sector. The initiative encompasses more than just technological research, and includes other types of measures, such as innovation and new incentives to support cleaner road transportation. The topics covered in the brochure deal exclusively with the research and development aspects, focusing on the three major research areas that are critical for success: the electrification of road and urban transport systems, road haulage and logistics. The aim of the brochure is to give you an appreciation of the current state of art and to explain how the European Green Cars Initiative will support further economic activity, preparing the future for a sustainable and clean transport system, ensuring European Leadership of automotive industry worldwide.--Publisher's description.
- "KI-78-09-853-EN-C"--P.  of cover.
"European Commission, Directorate General for Research, Directorate H-Transport"--P.  of cover.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online.
View MARC record | catkey: 6270524