Renaissance concepts of man, and other essays
- Kristeller, Paul Oskar, 1905-1999
- New York : Harper & Row, 
- Physical Description:
- viii, 183 pages ; 21 cm.
- Harper Torchbooks
- Renaissance concepts of man: The Arensberg lectures: The dignity of man. The immortality of the soul. The unity of truth -- The Renaissance and Byzantine learning: Italian Humanism and Byzantium -- Byzantine and Western Platonism in the fifteenth century -- Wimmer lecture: Renaissance philosophy and the medieval tradition -- Appendix: History of Philosophy and history of ideas.
- "The first three essays ... were delivered as Arensberg lectures ... at the Claremont Graduate School and University Center on May 17, 19, and 21, 1965. ... The two subsequent essays were delivered at the Fondazione Giorgio Cini in Venice on Sept. 13 and 14, 1963. ... The sixth essay was delivered as the Wimmer lecture at St. Vincent College, Latrobe, Pa., on Oct. 25, 1961."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 627085