Audience, relevance, and search : targeting Web audiences with relevant content / James Mathewson, Frank Donatone, Cynthia Fishel
- Mathewson, James, 1963-
- Upper Saddle River, NJ : IBM Press/Pearson, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxvii, 177 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Donatone, Frank and Fishel, Cynthia
- Writing for Web users implies writing for search engines -- How the Web medium has evolved from its print origins -- Writing relevant content for the Web audience -- Discovering and using popular keywords to attract your target audience -- Engaging with your Web visitors through more targeted search referrals -- Developing a search-optimized site architecture -- Gaining credibility through pagerank -- Capturing social media opportunities -- Measuring Web content effectiveness.
- "Use Search and Social Media to Better Engage with Your Target Audiences" "How much more effective would you be if all your Web content reached its precise target audiencesand they engaged with it? In Audience, Relevance, and Search, three pioneering IBM content and search experts help you get closer to this goal than ever before." "Drawing on more than forty-five years of experience in Web publishing and search effectiveness, the authors introduce powerful new techniques for using search and social media to deliver the right message to more of the right people, at the right time. Success involves systematically attracting targeted search traffic, instantly demonstrating relevance, and consistently engaging the target audiences." "Audience, Relevance, and Search offers indispensable insights for Web marketers, copywriters, editors, content strategists, and information architects alike." "Coverage includes" "How relevance, determination, and audience analysis differ on the Web as opposed to print" "Search-first writing: choosing keywords and long-tail phrases that your targeted audiences actually use" "Getting to the point faster than ever" "Developing personally relevant content for widely diverse audiences" "Improving satisfaction by steering users to content that's relevant to themand away from content that isn't" "Aligning content to users' roles and to where they stand in the purchasing cycle" "Encouraging customers to rate, share, and comment on your content through social media" "Using analytical tools and dashboards to measure site effectiveness" "Adapting intelligently to changing audiences"--BOOK JACKET.
- 9780137004201 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0137004206 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Thomas M. Smith Libraries Collection Endowment for the Business Library; 2010.
- Endowment Note:
- Thomas M. Smith Libraries Collection Endowment for the Business Library
View MARC record | catkey: 6271008