- Angles on the English-speaking world ; v. 8
- The historiography of childhood / Jens Rahbek Rasmussen -- Tom Jones : the foundling and the reader / Charles Lock -- Happy songs every child may joy to hear : William Blake's works for children / Robert Rix -- Spoilt children and fond parents : on children and childhood in Jane Austen's Emma / Birgitta Berglund -- Bringing up Brontë boys / Marianne Thormählen -- Childhood in The mill on the floss / Sara Håkansson -- His master's words : Kipling's Mowgli stores / Inger K. Brøgger -- William Steig's picture-books : illustration, translation, addressee / Jill Archer -- Literacy and the power of the law : Louis Sachar's Holes and Lemony Snicket's A bad beginning / Marie Wallin.
- 9788763525220 (pbk.)
- "Published for the Department of English, Germanic and Romance Studies, University of Copenhagen"--T.p. verso.
"This volume of Angles has its origins in a symposium entitled 'Cultures of childhood', held at the University of Copenhagen in September 2006. The symposium was one of a series in which colleagues in English at the Universities of Lund and Copenhagen regularly gather"--P. .
ED: U COPENHAGEN. FESTSCHRIFT. ANNUAL.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Class of 1936 Endowed Library Fund; 2010.
View MARC record | catkey: 6271038