The love of money [videorecording] / a co-production BBC, ZDF and the Open University ; series producer, Michael Tuft
- Additional Titles:
- Subtitle on container: The definitive guide to the global economic meltdown
- Oley, PA : Bullfrog Films, c2009.
- Physical Description:
- 3 videodiscs (52 min. ea.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Tuft, Michael
British Broadcasting Corporation
Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen
- Language Note:
- Closed captioned.
- Part 1. The bank that bust the world / directed by Guy Smith -- Part 2. The age of risk / directed by Tim Robinson -- Part 3 Back from the brink / directed by Paul Mitchell.
- In September 2008, capitalism looked like it was on the brink of collapse. This is the story of how the crash was caused, what happened, and how generations to come will be affected by its legacy. Part one examines when the collapse of Lehman Brothers plunged the world into financial crisis. The program includes never-before-seen footage shot inside Lehman's in the weeks leading up to the demise of the bank. Part two examines the boom years before the global financial crash of 2008. Testimony comes from many of the key decision-makers over the last two decades. Part three tells the story of how politicians throughout the world reacted, and asks what has been learned from the entire calamity... and could it happen again?
- Lehman Brothers (1993-2008)
- Global Financial Crisis, 2008-2009
- Business failures—United States—History—21st century
- Financial crises—United States—History—21st century
- Investment bankers—New York (State)—New York
- Mortgage loans—Corrupt practices
- Social responsibility of business
- International economic relations
- International finance
- Economic forecasting
- United States—Economic conditions—2001-2009
- United States—Economic conditions—2009-
- 1594589364 (pt. 1)
1594589356 (pt. 2)
9781594589355 (pt. 2)
1594589372 (pt. 3)
9781594589379 (pt. 3)
- These discs are recorded DVDs and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Part 1: camera, Mark Trottenberg, Neil Higginson, Jonathan Rho ; editor, Simon Thorne -- Part 2: camera, Ross Keith, Bruno Sorrentino, Sheila Smith, Mark Stoddard ; editor, John Wilkinson -- Part 3: camera, Neil Higginson, Sheila Smith, Ingi R. Ingason ; editor, Toby Marter.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator, Alex Jennings.
- Technical Details:
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-Business copy: Purchased with funds from the Allen and Judith Weltmann Gift; 2009.
View MARC record | catkey: 6271156