Credit cooperatives in India : past, present and future / Biswa Swarup Misra
- Misra, Biswa Swarup, 1975-
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 164 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Routledge studies in development economics ; 78
- 1. Introduction -- 2. Evolution of credit cooperatives in India -- 3. Revitalizing primary credit cooperatives in India -- 4. District central cooperative banks in India : reorienting the middle tier in the cooperative edifice of India -- 5. The role of state cooperative banks in the Indian cooperative structure -- 6. Interdependence in the cooperative credit structure in India -- 7. Impact analysis of credit extended by cooperatives -- 8. Redesigning the cooperative edifice of India.
- "Providing a detailed analysis of the historical evolution of cooperatives in India, the book establishes the link between different segments of this institutional system and their performance in a commercial sense to show that cooperatives occupy an important place in India's multi-agency framework for rural credit delivery. As such, the analysis provides a valuable reference for scholars of economics, Asian economics and finance."--BOOK JACKET.
- 9780415566995 (hardback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6273119