Freshwater algae : identification and use as bioindicators / Edward G. Bellinger and David C. Sigee
- Bellinger, Edward G.
- Chichester, West Sussex, UK ; Hoboken, NJ : Wiley-Blackwell, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 271 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 26 cm
- 1. Introduction to Freshwater Algae -- 2. Sampling, Biomass Estimation and Counts of Freshwater Algae -- 3. Algae as Bioindicators -- 4. A Key to the More Frequently Occurring Freshwater Algae.
- "Freshwater Algae provides an accessible and highly practical guide to a range of techniques used in the identification and enumeration of these important microorganisms. The first three chapters explore how to sample, measure and observe algae, before examining their role as bioindicators and application within water quality management, whilst the last chapter provides a key for identifying the principal algal genera with related environmental information on over 250 major species. This book will appeal to practitioners and researchers in addition to providing an invaluable resource for graduate and postgraduate students who are new to the field."--BOOK JACKET.
- 9780470058145 (cloth)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6273122