The human body : an introduction to structure and function / Adolf Faller, Michael Schünke, Gabriele Schünke ; translated by Oliver French ; edited by Ethan Taub
- Faller, Adolf
- Uniform Title:
- Körper des Menschen. English
- Stuttgart ; New York : Thieme, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 708 pages : color illustrations ; 19 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Schünke, Michael, Schünke, Gabriele, and Taub, Ethan
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- 1. Biology of the cell -- 2. Genetics and evolution -- 3. Tissues -- 4. The locomotor system (musculoskeletal system) -- 5. The heart and blood vessels -- 6. Blood, the immune-system, and lymphoid organs -- 7. The endocrine system -- 8. The respiratory system -- 9. The digestive system -- 10. The kidneys and urinary tract -- 11. The reproductive organs -- 12. Reproduction, development, and birth -- 13. The central and peripheral nervous systems -- 14. The autonomic nervous system -- 15. Sense organs -- 16. The skin and its appendages -- 17. Quantities and units of measurement.
- "First year medical students and allied health professionals will benefit from the text's comprehensive scope and visual presentation. Knowledge of the human body's structure and functions is essential for every level of practice, and this guide is a definitive encyclopedia on the subject."--BOOK JACKET.
- 3131292717 (GTV), 9783131292711 (GTV), 158890122X (TNY), and 9781588901224 (TNY)
- Includes index. and Description based on surrogate.
View MARC record | catkey: 6274872