Thresholds in geomorphology / edited by Donald R. Coates, John D. Vitek
- Conference Author:
- Geomorphology Symposium (9th : 1978 : Binghamton, N.Y)
- Stroudsburg, Pa. : produced by Dowden & Culver. and London ; Boston : Allen and Unwin, 1980.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 498 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Coates, Donald Robert, 1922- and Vitek, John D.
- HISTORICAL BACKGROUND: Perspectives on geomorphic thresholds / Donald R. Coates and John D. Vitek -- Events in the development of geomorphology / Louis C. Peltier -- Thresholds and energy transfer in geomorphology / Rhodes W. Fairbridge -- FLUVIAL LANDFORMS: The stream head as a significant geomorphic threshold / M.J. Kirkby -- Erosional development of valley bottom gullies in the upper midwestern United States / Joe M. Bradford and Robert F.Plest -- Thresholds and valley widths in the South River Basin, Iowa / Neil E. Salisbury -- Sediment deformation and transport on low angle slopes: Mississippi River Delta / H. H. Roberts, J.N. Suhayda, and J.M. Coleman -- HYDROGEOLOGIC REGIMES: Thresholds in deterministic models of the rainfall runoff process / A.I. McKerchar -- Stochastic analysis of thresholds in hydrologic time series / A. Ramachandra Rao -- Thermodynamic approach to geomorphic thresholds / Iaakov Karcz -- Thresholds in river regimes / Alan D. Howard -- Geomorphic thresholds as defined by ratios / William B. Bull -- THRESHOLDS IN OTHER GEOMORPHIC PROCESSES: Frequency, magnitude and spatial distribution of mountain rockfalls and rockslides in the highwood pass area, Alberta, Canada / James S. Gardner -- Thresholds in glacial geomorphology / Cuchlaine A.M. King -- River ice processes: thresholds and geomorphologic effects in northern and mountain rivers / Derald G. Smith -- Threshold and limit effects in karst geomorphology / D.C. Ford -- Barrier Island migration Bruce P. Hayden, Robert Dolan, and Phyllis Ross -- THRESHOLDS AND MAN: Bluebird Canyon landslide, Laguna Beach: A geomorphic threshold event / F. Beach Leighton -- Regional landslide susceptibility assessment for wildland management: a matrix approach / Jerome V. DeGraff and H. Charles Romesburg -- Human causes of accelerated wind erosion in California’s deserts / Howard G. Wilshire -- Nonpoint source pollutants within the Great Lakes: a significant international effort / Richard R. Parizek -- Some applications of the concept of geomorphic thresholds / S.A. Schumm.
- Papers presented at the ninth annual Geomorphology Symposium, held October 19-21, 1978.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographies and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 634414