Methods and materials of literary criticism : lyric, epic and allied forms of poetry / by Charles Mills Gayley ... and Benjamin Putnam Kurtz ...
- Gayley, Charles Mills, 1858-1932
- Boston ; New York [etc.] : Ginn and company, 
- Physical Description:
- xi, 911 pages ; 19 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Kurtz, Benjamin Putnam, 1878-1950
Full Text available online
- "The second of a series entitled Methods and materials of literary criticism, the volumes of which, though contributory to a common aim, are severally independent. The first volume (Gayley and Scott, 1899) was an introduction to the bases in aesthetics and poetics, theoretical and historical. The présent volume applied the methods there developed to the comparative study of the lyric, epic, and some allied forms of poetry. A third volume, approaching completion, will present tragedy, comedy, and cognate forms".
- Bibliography Note:
- "Appendix: A brief bibliography of the history of poetry": pages -846.
View MARC record | catkey: 634798