Exposed : voyeurism, surveillance, and the camera since 1870 / edited by Sandra S. Phillips ; essays by Simon Baker [and others].
- San Francisco, CA : San Francisco Museum of Modern Art ; New Haven, Conn. : Yale University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 256 pages : chiefly illustrations (some color) ; 31 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Baker, Simon, 1972-
Phillips, Sandra S., 1945-
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
Tate Modern (Gallery)
Walker Art Center
- Looking out, looking in : voyeurism and its affinities from the beginning of photography / Sandra S. Phillips -- Plates / essays by Sandra S. Phillips -- The unseen photographer -- Voyeurism and desire -- Celebrity and the public gaze -- Witnessing violence -- Surveillance -- Up periscope! Photography and the surreptitious image / Simon Baker -- A window on the world : street photography and the theater of life / Philip Brookman -- Original sin : the birth of the paparazzo / Carol Squiers -- Dare to be famous : self-exploitation and the camera / Richard B. Woodward -- From observation to surveillance / Marta Gili.
- 0300163436 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9780300163438 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Catalogue published in conjunction with an exhibition held at the Tate Modern, London, May 28 to October 3, 2010; San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, October 30, 2010 to April 17, 2011; and Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, May 21 to September 11, 2011.
View MARC record | catkey: 6350451