Newsworthy [electronic resource] : a documentary on the importance of journalism education in the new media environment / Kylie Marie Nellis
- Nellis, Kylie Marie
- [University Park, Pa.] : Pennsylvania State University, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic document (30 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Bird, Barbara and Schreyer Honors College
- NewsWORTHY explores the role of journalism in the new media environment and validates the continued need for trained journalists in today’s society. In a free speech setting, the normative goals of the media are to create diversity in thinking, serve as the watchdog for the society, and inform the citizenry. Technology like social networking sites, iPhones, and blogging allow the average citizen to create media and contribute to the diversity of information. However, this information cannot always be relied upon to be ethical, thorough, or even accurate. The training, professional skills, and instincts of a journalist are irreplaceable. Journalism is not dead; it is evolving. The need for the practice, skills, and instincts of journalists will not falter as media delivery changes.
- Dissertation Note:
- B.A. Pennsylvania State University 2010.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web. and Thesis supervisor: Barbara Bird.
- Reproduction Note:
- Library holds archival microfiche negative and service copy. 1 fiche. (PSU Management Services, 2010).
- Technical Details:
- The full text of the dissertation is available as a Adobe Acrobat .pdf file ; Adobe Acrobat Reader required to view the file.
View MARC record | catkey: 6350962