Night train to Munich [videorecording] / Twentieth Century Fox ; produced by Edward Black ; screenplay by Sidney Gilliat and Frank Launder ; directed by Carol Reed
- [United States] : Criterion Collection, 
- Copyright Date:
- Special ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (90 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Harrison, Rex, Lockwood, Margaret, Henreid, Paul, Radford, Basil, 1897-1952, Wayne, Naunton, 1901-1970, Reed, Carol, 1906-1976, Black, Edward, Gilliat, Sidney, Launder, Frank, Wellesley, Gordon, Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corporation, and Criterion Collection (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In English with optional subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired.
- Takes viewers on a World War II era journey from Prague to England to the Swiss Alps, as Nazis pursue a Czech scientist and his daughter who are being aided by a debonair British undercover agent.
"Compact, propulsive screenplay ..."--Variety.
"One of the finest spy films ever."--TV Guide.
- Based on an original story by Gordon Wellesley.
Originally produced as a motion picture in 1940.
Special features: Video conversation between film scholars Peter Evans and Bruce Babington ; booklet with essay by film critic Philip Kemp.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Photography, Otto Kanturek ; art director, Vetchinsky ; editor, R.E. Dearing ; musical director, Louis Levy.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Margaret Lockwood, Paul von Henreid, Rex Harrison, Basil Radford, Naunton Wayne.
- Technical Details:
- DVD; region 1, NTSC; monaural; 1.33:1 aspect ratio.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 6425626