Applying swarm intelligence to solve Heyawake puzzles [electronic resource] / Gregory Alan Kriston
- Real world applications have many mutual restricted factors. Heyawake is one paper and pencil logic puzzle published by NIKOLI that has multiple constraints and is NP-complete. A heuristic method for solving the puzzle was developed and demonstrated. The method is based on the ant colony swarm intelligence technique. The developed method uses a two phase approach to handle the multiple constraints placed on the puzzle. The two phase approach demonstrated good performance on puzzles with highly restrictive characteristics and poorer performance on puzzles with less restrictive characteristics.
- Dissertation Note:
- B.S. Pennsylvania State University 2010.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
Thesis supervisor: Wen-Li Wang.
- Reproduction Note:
- Library holds archival microfiche negative and service copy. 1 fiche. (PSU Management Services, 2010).
- Technical Details:
- The full text of the dissertation is available as a Adobe Acrobat .pdf file ; Adobe Acrobat Reader required to view the file.
View MARC record | catkey: 6425999