Stagecoach [videorecording] / a Walter Wanger presents ; screenplay, Dudley Nichols directed by John Ford
- Uniform Title:
- Stagecoach (Motion picture : 1939)
- [Irvington, NY] : Criterion Collection, 
- [Special ed.].
- Physical Description:
- 2 videodiscs (approximately 96 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet
- Additional Creators:
- Ford, John, 1894-1973, Wanger, Walter, 1894-1968, Nichols, Dudley, 1895-1960, Trevor, Claire, 1909-2000, Wayne, John, 1907-1979, Devine, Andy, 1905-1977, Carradine, John, Mitchell, Thomas, 1892-1962, Platt, Louise, 1915-2003, Bancroft, George, 1882-1956, Meek, Donald, 1880-1946, Churchill, Berton, 1876-1940, Holt, Tim, 1918-1973, and Criterion Collection (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In English with optional English captions.
- Disc 1: Film -- Disc 2. Supplements.
- A group of passengers with nothing in common is stuck inside a coach that is being attacked by bandits and Indians. On the National Film Registry. Special features include a documentary, featurette, and more.
"It's impossible to overstate the influence of Ford's magnificent film."--Time Out.
- Related Titles:
- Bucking Broadway
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1939.
Special features include commentary, trailer, interviews, featurettes, Screen Director's Playhouse 1949 radio dramatization of Stagecoach, bonus film, Bucking Broadway a silent feature from 1917.
Includes booklet with essay by critic David Cairns and Ernest Haycox's "Stage to Lordsburg", the short story that the film was based on.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Bert Glennon ; editors, Otho Lovering, Dorothy Spencer ; story, Ernest Haycox.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Claire Trevor, John Wayne, Andy Devine, John Carradine, Thomas Mitchell, Louise Platt, George Bancroft, Donald Meek, Berton Churchill, Tim Holt.
- Technical Details:
- DVD; region 1; NTSC; Dolby Digital mono.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2013
- Academy Award, 1940: Best supporting actor (Thomas Mitchell); Best music, scoring.
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries)
View MARC record | catkey: 6426119