Experiments in a jazz aesthetic : art, activism, academia, and the Austin Project / edited by Omi Osun Joni L. Jones, Lisa L. Moore, and Sharon Bridgforth
- Austin : University of Texas Press, 2010.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 376 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Jones, Omi Osun Joni L., 1955-, Moore, Lisa L. (Lisa Lynne), and Bridgforth, Sharon
- Framing the work. Making space: producing the Austin Project -- Finding voice: anchoring the Austin Project's artistic process -- Working the work: an anthology of Austin Project writings. Polyphony: writings by ensemble members -- Call and response: performance pieces by Austin Project guest artists -- Affirming connection: pre-show artists' performance texts -- Spoken-word orchestra: a full script from the Austin Project jam session, December 2005 -- The work of transformation. Transforming practice: artists, activists, and academics working across boundaries -- Work of the spirit: a conversation with an Austin Project elder -- Narrating the Austin Project: the first five years.
- Austin Project
- Performance poetry—Authorship—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Creative writing—Handbooks, manuals, etc
- Performance art—Texts
- Performance poetry
- American poetry—Women authors
- Music and literature—United States
- African American aesthetics
- Performance art—Social aspects—United States
- Art and social action—United States
- 9780292722040 (cloth : alk. paper)
0292722044 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780292722873 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0292722877 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- This book is both an anthology of writing by participants of the Austin Project and a sourcebook for those who would like to use creative writing and performance to energize their artistic, scholarly, and activist practices.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6426929