Why aren't we saving the planet? : a psychologist's perspective / Geoffrey Beattie
- Beattie, Geoffrey
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- x, 269 pages, 4 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations (some color) ; 21 cm
- Motivations implict and explicit -- Small things can make a difference -- Measuring attitudes to sustainability : easily, consciously, and wrongly? -- The man who changed a fortune cookie and started a revolution -- The missing ingredient is now available -- Uncovering implicit attitudes to carbon footprint -- Unconscious eye movements and what the brain sees -- Eden reclaimed -- Old habits -- In two minds -- Speech and revealing movement -- In search of the green fakers (in search of myself) -- Taking big risks -- An inconvenient truth? -- Reaching boiling point? -- Some conclusions and some action plans.
- 9780415561969 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6427030