Crossing borders, claiming a nation : a history of Argentine Jewish women, 1880-1955 / Sandra McGee Deutsch
- Deutsch, Sandra McGee, 1950-
- Durham [N.C.] : Duke University Press, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 377 pages : illustrations, maps ; 25 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- "If the water is sweet": Jewish women in the countryside -- "I worked, I struggled": Jewish women in Buenos Aires -- "A point of connection": pathways into the professions -- "Not a novice": prostitutes -- "A bad reputation": family and sexuality -- "What surrounds us dissatisfies us": leftists and union members through the 1930s -- "A dike against reaction": contesting anti-semitism, fascism, and Peronism -- "We the women have to do something": philanthropies and Zionism.
- 9780822346579 (cloth : alk. paper)
0822346575 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780822346494 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0822346494 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6427220