African Americans in global affairs : contemporary perspectives / edited by Michael L. Clemons
- Hanover : University Press of New England ; Boston : Northeastern University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xv, 385 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Clemons, Michael L.
- Racial justice in foreign affairs / Ronald W. Walters -- Conceptualizing the foreign affairs participation of African Americans : strategies and effects of the Congressional Black Caucus and TransAfrica / Michael L. Clemons -- From anticolonialism to anti-apartheid : African American political organizations and African liberation, 1957-93 / Ronald Williams II -- Congress and Africa's constituency : the development of the Africa Growth and Opportunity Act and the intersection of African American and business interests / William G. Jones -- The making of African American foreign policymakers : Senate confirmation hearings on Secretaries of State Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice / Josephine A.V. Allen, Alvin Tillery, Jr., and Hanes Walton, Jr. -- Colin L. Powell and the Iraq War : bureaucratic actor and foreign policy dissenter / Michael L. Clemons -- Condoleezza Rice and Madeleine Albright : the changing face of high-profile U.S. foreign policy leadership / Michael L. Clemons and Supad Ghose -- The rise and fall of black influence on U.S. foreign policy / Charles P. Henry -- The looming quest for global reparations : African Americans and the World Conference against Racism / Ife Williams -- The emergence of a legislative caucus of Afro-descendant legislators in the Americas : context, progress, and agenda setting / Minion K.C. Morrison -- African Americans, transnational contention, and cross-national politics in the United States and Venezuela / Sekou M. Franklin -- The assault of the Monkey King on the Hosts of Heaven : the black freedom struggle and China : the new center of revolution / Robeson Taj P. Frazier -- Epilogue : Toward foreign policy justice in the post-Bush era / Michael L. Clemons.
- 9781555537197 (cloth : alk. paper), 1555537197 (cloth : alk. paper), 9781555537227 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 1555537227 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6427267