Star Trek, the next generation [videorecording] / Paramount Television ; producer, David Livingston ; writers, Ira Steven Behr, Hans Beimler, Peter Allan Fields, Joe Menosky, Nick Sagan
- Additional Titles:
- Title on container: Star Trek, the next generation. Jean-Luc Picard collection
- Hollywood, Calif. : Paramount, 
- Physical Description:
- 2 videodiscs (approximately 360 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Livingston, David
Behr, Ira Steven
Fields, Peter Allan
Stewart, Patrick, 1940-
Dorn, Michael, 1952-
Sirtis, Marina, 1955-
Brown, Edward R.
James, R. D. (Richard D.)
Paramount Pictures Corporation
- Language Note:
- The big goodbye -- Sarek -- Family -- The drumhead -- Darmok -- The inner light -- Tapestry -- From here to infinity.
- The big goodbye: When the holodeck malfunctions, Captain Picard, Data, Dr. Crusher and Whalen, the ship's historian, became trapped in San Francisco, 1941, where they are held hostage by murderous gangsters. Can the Captain and crew get back to the Enterprise in enough time to help the ship pass through the Jarada and the Korona IV quadrant? ; Sarek: The U.S.S. Enterprise is plagued by an outbreak of violence when it is visited by the renowned Vulcan ambassador, Sarek. Discovering that Sarek is dying from an incurable disease, Picard must mind-meld with him to allow the ambassador to complete a last vital negotiation between the federation and the Legaran.
- Related Titles:
- Star trek, the next generation (Television program)
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: Not rated.
- Originally aired on television during various seasons.
Based on the characters created by Gene Roddenberry.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Directors of photography, Edward R. Brown ... [et al.] ; editors, Tom Benko ... [et al.] ; theme music, Alexander Courage ; costume designers, Robert Blackman ... [et al.] ; production designers, Richard D. James, Herman Zimmerman.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, LeVar Burton, Michael Dorn, Gates McFadden, Marina Sirtis, Brent Spinner.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround, full screen presentation.
- No public performance rights. Classroom instruction and home use permitted.
View MARC record | catkey: 6427875