Causality : models, reasoning, and inference / Judea Pearl
- Pearl, Judea
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2009.
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- xix, 464 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Introduction to probabilities, graphs, and causal models -- Theory of inferred causation -- Causal diagrams and the identification of causal effects -- Actions, plans, and direct effects -- Causality and structural models in social science and economics -- Simpson's paradox, confounding, and collapsibility -- Logic of structure-based counterfactuals -- Imperfect experiments: bounding effects and counterfactuals -- Probability of causation: interpretation and identification -- The actual cause -- Reflections, elaborations, and discussions with readers -- The art and science of cause and effect.
- 9780521895606 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 429-451) and indexes.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Selected to honor Paul L. Morgan, on the occasion of receiving tenure-promotion; and purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 2010.
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 6428979