Growing greener schools [videorecording] / directors, Harry Wiland & Dale Bell ; producers, Beverly Baroff [and others] ; a production of the Media & Policy Center Foundation
- [Boston] : PBS [Home Video], 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (90 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Wiland, Harry, Bell, Dale, 1938-, Baroff, Beverly, Media & Policy Center Foundation, and PBS Home Video
- Resource for teachers and administrators which illustrates best practices for creating sustainable schools and integrating environmental education across a variety of curriculum areas. Part I showcases actual projects undertaken by U.S. schools, including effects on student health, attendance, test scores and preparedness for green jobs. Part II is a guide for administrators and school boards to determine how to create eco-friendly buildings, retrofit older classrooms to new standards, and operate green campuses, including money-saving results.
- Title from container insert.
"Multi-media DVD features: 132-page downloadable Handbook and curriculum guide with 12 classroom modules with lessons for grades 6-12; 46-page Appendix with grant writing tips, suggested 'fast track changes,' and links to more resources; [and] six interactive games."
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Writer, Beverly Baroff ; directors of photography, Dale Bell and Jonathan Bell ; editor, Charla Barker.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator, Beverly Baroff.
- Technical Details:
- Widescreen, stereo.
DVD, region 1, NTSC, widescreen presentation, stereo.
View MARC record | catkey: 6429231