Cantatas. Vol. 24, Altenburg/Warwick [sound recording] / Johann Sebastian Bach
- Bach, Johann Sebastian, 1685-1750
- Uniform Title:
- Cantatas. Selections
- Additional Titles:
- [London] : Soli Deo Gloria, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 2 audio discs : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Geller, Brigitte, Towers, William, Tyson, Robin, Padmore, Mark, Gilchrist, James, 1970-, Clarkson, Julian, Varcoe, Stephen, Gardiner, John Eliot, Bach, Johann Sebastian, 1685-1750, Monteverdi Choir, English Baroque Soloists, and Bach Cantata Pilgrimage
- For the third Sunday after Easter (Jubilate): Weinen, Klagen, Sorgen, Zagen : BWV 12 (22:38) ; Ihr werdert weinen und heulen : BWV 103 (15:10) ; Wir müssen durch viel Trübsal in das Reich Gottes eingehen : BWV 146 (38:53) -- For the fourth Sunday after Easter (Cantate): Wo gehest du hin? : BWV 166 (17:08) ; Es ist euch gut, dass ich hingehe : BWV 108 (13:49) ; Sei Lob und Ehr dem höchsten Gut : BWV 117 (20:35).
- Related Titles:
- Schlosskirche, Altenburg : for the third Sunday after Easter (Jubilate)
For the third Sunday after Easter (Jubilate)
St Mary's, Warwick : for the fourth Sunday after Easter (Cantate)
For the fourth Sunday after Easter (Cantate)
- ["00:22:38", "00:15:10", "00:38:53", "00:17:08", "00:13:49", "00:20:35"]
- Title from container; part titles on discs: Schlosskirche, Altenburg : for the third Sunday after Easter (Jubilate) (disc 1); St Mary's, Warwick : for the fourth Sunday after Easter (Cantate) (disc 2).
Eds. recorded: Breitkopf & Härtel; ed. Reinhold Kubik.
Program notes principally by John Eliot Gardiner, in English with German translation, and texts with English translations (44 p. : ill.) bound in container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Brigitte Geller, soprano (2nd-3rd works); William Towers (1st-3rd works), Robin Tyson (4th-6th works), altos; Mark Padmore (1st-3rd works), James Gilchrist (4th-6th works), tenors; Julian Clarkson (1st-3rd works), Stephen Varcoe (4th-6th works), basses; Monteverdi Choir; English Baroque Soloists; John Eliot Gardiner, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Live recordings from the Bach Cantata Pilgrimage, May 14, 2000, Schlosskirche, Altenburg (1st-3rd works), and May 21, 2000, St. Mary's, Warwick (4th-6th works).
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the John C. Farrell Libraries Endowment in Music; 2010.
View MARC record | catkey: 6433269