Transforming palliative care in nursing homes : the social work role / edited by Mercedes Bern-Klug
- New York : Columbia University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xv, 360 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Bern-Klug, Mercedes
- End-of-life care
- The need to extend the reach of palliative psychosocial care to nursing home residents with advanced chronic illness / Mercedes Bern-Klug -- The structure and process of advanced chronic illness and palliative care in nursings homes / Sarah Thompson and Lisa Church -- Paying for advanced chronic illness and hospice care in America's nursing homes / Michael J. Klug -- Trends in the characteristics of nursing homes and residents / Mercedes Bern-Klug -- Anticipating and managing common medical challenges encountered at the end of life / Ann Allegre -- Identifying and addressing the psychosocial, social, spiritual, and existential issues affecting nursing home residents at the end of life / Jean C. Munn -- Identifying and addressing family members' psychosocial, spiritual, and existential issues related to having a loved one living and dying in a nursing home / Patricia J. Kolb -- Identifying and addressing ethical issues in advanced chronic illness and at the end of life / Charles E. Gessert and Don F. Reynolds -- Final discharge planning: rituals related to the death of a nursing home resident / Peggy Sharr and Mercedes Bern-Klug -- Grief, self-care, and staff-care: repeated loss in the nursing home environment / Sara Sanders and Patti Anewalt -- The future of palliative psychosocial care for nursing home residents with advanced chronic illness / Mercedes Bern-Klug.
- 9780231132244 (cloth : alk. paper), 0231132247 (cloth : alk. paper), 9780231132251 (pbk. : alk. paper), 0231132255 (pbk. : alk. paper), 9780231507073 (e-book), and 0231507070 (e-book)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6434433