A natural history of uncommon birds [electronic resource] : and of some other rare and undescribed animals, quadrupedes, reptiles, fishes, insects, &c. Exhibited in two hundred and ten copper-plates, ... coloured after life. ... In four parts. By George Edwards, ...
- Edwards, George, 1694-1773
- London : printed for the author, 
- Physical Description:
- 4 unnumbered pages;xxiv, 52;viii, 53-128;4 unnumbered pages, 106-157;8 unnumbered pages, 158-248, 1 unnumbered page, plates : map ; 4⁰.
- Each part with a separate titlepage entitled 'A natural history of birds', dated respectively 1743, 1747, 1750 and 1751.
Originally in two parts concluding with an appendix; the work was enlarged by two further parts, part 3 in pagination designed to continue the text, the appendix in part 2 to be excised, and with subscription lists in parts 1 and 2 inserted.
The French translation was published in 1751.
Reproduction of original from Trinity College Library Watkinson Collection.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Citation/References Note:
- English Short Title Catalog, T144874.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Cengage Gale, 2010. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
View MARC record | catkey: 6437325