Common as air : revolution, art, and ownership / Lewis Hyde
- Hyde, Lewis, 1945-
- New York : Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2010.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 306 pages ; 22 cm
- Defending the cultural commons -- What is a commons? -- The enclosure of culture -- Framing a commonwealth -- Benjamin Franklin, founding pirate -- Liberty to communicate -- The common self -- The common self now -- Enduring commons.
- In this lively, carefully argued, and well-documented book, Hyde brings the past to bear on present matters, shedding fresh light on everything from the Human Genome Project to Bob Dylan's musical root, revealing a vision of how to reclaim the commonwealth of art and ideas that we were meant to inherit.
- 9780374223137 (hbk. : alk. paper)
0374223130 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -292) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6437666