Mainstream culture refocused : television drama, society, and the production of meaning in reform-era China / Zhong Xueping
- Zhong, Xueping, 1956-
- Honolulu : University of Hawaiʻi Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 219 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Chapter One. Looking through the Negatives: Filmic-Televisual Intertextuality and Ideological Renegotiations -- Chapter Two. Re-collecting "History" on Television: "Emperor Dramas," National Identity, and the Question of Historical Consciousness -- Chapter Three. In Whose Name? "Anticorruption Dramas" and Their Ideological Implications -- Chapter Four. Beyond Romance: "Youth Drama," Social Change, and the Postrevolution Search for Idealism -- Chapter Five. Also beyond Romance: Women, Desire, and the Ideology of Happiness in "Family-Marriage Drama" -- Chapter Six. Listening to Popular Poetics: Watching Songs Composed for Television Dramas.
- 9780824834173 (hardcover : alk. paper), 0824834178 (hardcover : alk. paper), 9780824834692 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 0824834690 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 6512697