A perfect diurnall of the passages in Parliament [electronic resource].
- Uniform Title:
- Perfect diurnall of the passages in Parliament (London, England : June? 1642 : F. Coles)
- Printed at London : For Francis Coules, 1642-1643.
- Physical Description:
- volumes ; 4¿́°.
- Additional Creators:
- Coles, Francis, -1680 and Pecke, Samuel
- 17th-18th century Burney Collection newspapers
- Continued By:
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Began June? 1642. and -Numb.  (From Munday the 12. of June till Munday the 19. of June. )
- Publication Frequency:
- Edited by Samuel Pecke., One of several newsbooks with this title published during 1642; "between June and December , ten separate series adopted [this title] ... in one form or another." - Frank., Below title and chronological designation: More fully and exactly taken then by any other printed copies as you will finde upon comparing, &c., Imprint on first page, above text., Imprint varies., Chronological designations for issues no.28-40 given according to Lady Day dating., Most issues after no.15(19-26 Sept.) seems to have appeared in two editions (only one of which is in Thomason); at least one edition of each issue has a woodcut of Parliament in session surrounding the title., Some issues with duplicate numbers may be imitiations or counterfeits as they lack the Coles woodcut and bear a striking resemblance in type style and layout to the William Cooke newsbook, while others have reset or altered text. Cf. Nelson & Seccombe., In issues no.13-28(19-26 Dec.) text begins with an ornamental initial; from no."28" [i.e. no. 29] (26 Dec.-2 Jan) text begins with a factotum initial., First known issue of this title is no.13., Description based on: Numb. 13 (From the fifth of September unto the 12. ); title from caption., Signed., Reproduction of the originals from the Burney Collection, the British Library (London)., AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS., and This database contains images from the Charles Burney Collection purchased by the British Library in 1818. It includes periodicals and newspapers published in England, Ireland and Scotland, parliamentary papers, pamphlets and proclamations, manuscript material, and news-books. The collection also includes news media from the British colonies in the Americas and Asia. The database may include selected or scattered issues of some journals and newspapers and complete runs of other titles.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2009. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements.
- Complexity Note:
- Continued by: A Perfect diurnall of some passages in Parliament - cf. Frank p. 43
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Nelson & Seccombe. Brit. newspapers and periodicals, 1641-1700, 513.01-53B and Frank, J. Beginnings of the English Newspaper 1620-1660, pp. 28-29, 281-282
View MARC record | catkey: 6513328